Subject: Re: AlphaNT Modeler sluggishness
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 10:53:55 -0800

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Shireen Pinto wrote:

> Hi, we're also using Raptor3s with Stealth64 cards. And same as you, Layout
> and modeller are both very sluggish. I can only conclude that the Raptors
> use proprierty motherboards and the Stealth drivers are not optimised. But
> it doesn't bother us coz we use our Raptors only for rendering...and they
> are damn fast.

I know a few other people who are having this same problem...but I've 
never noticed it because I've never bothered to run my Raptor in anything 
greater than 256 colors.  

After you've spent 4 years running LightWave on an Amiga in 4-color 
mode, 256 colors seems like overkill...let alone 16.7 million!  =)

I wish NewTek would get those damn manuals done though...I called on 
Tuesday and the customer rep says it'll be at least another week before 
they ship out Alpha 4.0 final upgrades.  Shit.  My copy of Beta 4.0 will 
be a year old in about 28 days.

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner